New GradJanuary 16, 2023 Announcement
Join us for Winnipeg School Division's New Grad Recruitment Event early in 2023
Apply now to ensure your interview!
- This is an EXCLUSIVE event ONLY for graduating teacher candidates
- You will be interviewed for the Substitute Teacher roster to begin working as soon as you’re eligible
- Hired as a Substitute Teacher is the ONLY way:
- to start picking up Substitute Assignments
- apply to TERM positions for May and June
- apply to internal postings (only advertised to WSD employees) that start in September and are posted throughout the school year
What happens after I apply?
- You will be contacted to book an interview
What can I expect in the interview?
- Interviews will be held on Microsoft TEAMS or in-person
- There will be two interviewers
- Situational questions (thinking about good examples ahead of time, from your practicum experience to help you answer these questions)
- Portfolio (optional) - Example: showing a lesson plan you created to the interviewers
When will I hear back?
- You will be contacted soon after your interview by email to confirm employment
- Complete the new hire documents emailed to you as soon as possible
- Once you have obtained your letter from the Professional Certification Unit - Manitoba Education, authorizing you to work, you can start working
Please ensure that you have included the following with your application:
- Resume - please include at which schools you have completed your student practicums and classroom grade levels
- At least two Summative Practicum Evaluations from the 2020-2021 school year and if available, your most recent
- Three professional references of individuals who have supervised you while working in a teaching capacity:
- Contact name, email address, phone number
- References that should be included: Practicum Supervisor, Cooperating Teachers
Additional Documentation Required Upon Hire:
- Original Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, and Child Abuse Registry check – to be copied in-person
- PSP Number (Professional School Personnel – MB. Teaching Certificate Number – wallet size card) – to be copied in-person
- Original Transcripts